Sunday, July 5, 2009

ZZzzzzzz....

...*snarf* *blink. blink.*

What does it say if it takes your baby 1 1/2 hours to fall asleep? Every night? For a week?

It says that you're a silly, silly, mother who forgot about the two-year-old molars, that can sneak in anytime between 18 and 24 months.

It says that you got all frustrated with your poor, teething child before thinking of the ibuprofen and snapped out things like "Stay on your bed! You're not allowed to sit up!"

("Not allowed to sit up?" Are mothers allowed to select which phrases their own children will secretly whisper, "I'm never going to tell my kid that..."? {Mine was: "I'm never going to tell my kid to turn their socks right-side out before they put them in the hamper. And I'm never going to do it when I have my own house." And I don't. But I do think I'm kinda silly for it. It's just a thing of mine, like how I have to eat my M&Ms sorted by color.})

It says that you're as chastened tonight as a sleepy zombie can well be. Stupid molars. Poor little Miss Boo. And this is the week that the Husband has to be to work early to cover for some senior guy because the Husband is all awesome and stuff and they trust him to Supervise Others.

Sigh. I'm not sure if I trust me to Supervise Myself. It's been a rough night.

Pray for us all, will you?

Thanks.

Breanna

No comments: