Cousin Avi: Now, this "Boris the Bullet-Dodger." What does he do?
Bullet-tooth Tony (confused): He...dodges bullets, Avi.
--Snatch
I have, in the past, felt pretty good about the fact that none of my kids cut their own hair. Not that I think this makes me a super parent, or anything, just like Wow, at least that's one thing we haven't had to deal with, that's nice.
Then yesterday I found a hank of blond hair stuffed down in a certain person's laundry hamper, as though Mama would never find it there. (Alas, foiled by the fact that Mama does the laundry once a week. Curses.)
She had lopped off the bangs that were growing out. They're now Darn Short. I asked her if she wanted short hair ("Which is fine!" I said. "You can have it!" I said. "Just don't do it yourself!" I said.) She was torn. She kinda wanted short hair (less brushing) but she kinda wanted hair down to her waist, too. She was disappointed to learn these are incompatible goals.
So, we'll see. You might be seeing pictures shortly of Eldest with a pixie cut. Because I'm not sure I can handle finding self-administered haircuts in random hidey-holes.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment