Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"I Just REALLY Hate Brushing My Hair, Mom!"

And I mean, to be fair, the kid has a lot of hair now that the whole celiac thing is under control.  It WAS hard to brush.  There were several strata of hair to get the brush or comb through.  This morning I was giving her brothers haircuts, and Eldest decided she Had Had Enough.

In spite of the super-serious face, the short hair was her idea.  I had told her "you can have short hair if you want" and, well, she wanted.

Side view, looking artistically at the couch.

See, there's the real feeling about it.  ("Do you think they'll know it's me?" she said.)

So, three haircuts were given today.  While we are at it I'm kinda resentful of my own hair right now, but that's a bad time to start whacking away.  Although, I have given up on having professionals cut my hair.  None of them can manage to do anything to but give me faux-poodle ears, or poofy triangle-head.  So I cut my own hair, and while I will not take any style awards, I do think I look decent.

Yesterday it rained.  All we did was stay home and check the paleolithic shelter the kids built in the backyard (from their red wagon, some firewood logs, and some old boards Phil had) to see if it kept the rain out (no).

But the day before yesterday was 80F and gorgeous, so that day we went to the park.  Here is an action shot of Bud (insulin pump tucked securely inside his waistband, a lesson we learned the hard way.


They really should make Action Insulin Pumps for people who hardly ever have two feet on the ground at once.

Last night I had a crazy bout of insomnia, which I mostly get when there's a full moon.  Last night wasn't a full moon, so I'm not sure what was up--I just woke up about 1am and stayed awake, rather uselessly trying to get my brain to stop thinking about stuff like whether we have parsley left and if I should make parsley potatoes.  So today, apart from haircuts, I'm not doing anything spectacular.  IN fact, it's 9:30am and I may go take a nap while the kids watch cartoons.

Cheers,

Breanna

1 comment:

Kindra said...

I'm having real difficulty in deciding whether she looks more like you or your husband.