Friday, April 29, 2011

Lots of Pics

I know there are people who read this blog who don't share DNA with me... you will just have to humor us.  My relatives have been awfully good sports about this whole move-to-a-foreign-country living-in-the-South thing. They deserve to see the kid pics occasionally.

Littleman hasn't mastered posing for cameras yet.


The whole "not blinking during pictures" thing.

"I KNEW Kate Middleton would wear that dress!"

"Royal weddings are really boring... 

"...I came outside before they even got to the vows part."

"He's so CUUUUUUTE."  (Said in intervals of freaking out over a bee 200 feet away who was "heading RIGHT FOR US!")

Don't play with water? Why not?  Whaddya mean I shouldn't play with water?

Can I write with chalk on the patio furniture?

"Put my sandals on, Grammy."

"Sanks."  (Translation: Thanks.)

"MMMMMMM!"  (Translation: Remove my helmet for me please, Mother.)

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" (Translation: Really, I can't get it off and I'm starting to panic.")

Phew.

You mean I'M not allowed to play with water right now either?  It's not that chilly  in the wind.

"Gimme a minute.  I'm not ready yet.  Take another picture of the girl."

Staying carefully away from the bee and hoping that she will be able to pour water with the cup soon.

"There, now I'm ready."

All devastatingly handsome men will wear soccer cones as hats this season.  Even the  TV says hats are in because of the Royal Wedding, but most people don't have the vision to use sports equipment.

Has the advantage of ventilation holes...of course, if you're bald, you do have the  risk of getting a target-shaped sunburn on the top of your skull and tempting the pigeons.


Or you can go bald-headed, in defiance of your mother's worries about your hairlessness and relative sunburn-ability.

Seriously, this is the most hair he's ever had.  At least he's not a hairless girl.

"Fine, if you're so worried about sunburn I'll put the soccer cone back on."

A Hot Wheels bread-delivery truck.  Outside.  Because where would YOU park a bread delivery truck?  In your bedroom?

The other day she came up to me mournfully: "Mama, my mascara is RUNNING."  Not even sure she knows that mascara goes on the eyes, but it sounded like something ladies should say.

Grammy is SOOO fun to stare at.

I STILL can't play with water?


Wow, that water IS kinda cold...


She's looking at Grammy here, but Grammy is shy about pictures.  Mama understands.  Mama doesn't like to put her picture on the blog either, preferring those who don't know her personally to picture her as a willowy redhead who never bangs her shins into the kitchen counters, forgets to put on deodorant, or trips over nothing.
In other words, we are having a ball with the grandparents.

Late breaking headline: We discovered what the gurkeys (or teese) at the park are--the critters that look like a weird turkey with webbed feet.  They are apparently really called Muscovy Ducks.  They look like this.  You can see why we were puzzled.  One doesn't expect to meet a Russian duck from Mexico that lives in Texas.

Also, the tree in my backyard which drops spiky balls, which the Husband insisted was called a gumball tree, turns out to be a Sweetgum tree.  I never disputed, mind you, that the tree could be referred to as a gumball tree, but I doubted it was ONLY known as a gumball tree.  I am silenced.

Cheers,

 Breanna

No comments: