Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pottying and Fancy Cars

They don't really go together, but don't worry, we aren't mixing them.  Although, as the Husband says, living in our new neighborhood makes you understand how many people must be in debt "just to have a little more" (he was looking at the GT parked in the driveway on the corner), we are still happy with our cars, even the Husband's little work car that has leprosy.  (Actually it's the clearcoat the maker put on the poor thing to *protect* the paint.  The clearcoat's peeling off, so the car looks afflicted.  Still runs great, though.  And when you work in a cement plant, you're not going to have a good paint job for long anyway.)

There are a lot of fancy cars around here, though the proportion of wealthy/regular people seems to be about the same as it is everywhere.  The only explanations the Husband and I can think of is 1) it's less necessary to have a functional car here because it doesn't snow 5 months out of the year and 2) Southerners were famous for loving/overspending on their horses, and this is the modern outgrowth.  Any real Southerners reading this feel free to chime in.  Why so many Mercedes running around?  Why so many trucks with rims?  Explain please.

The pottying we've been doing lately has been Littleman's.  Just to prove I am not crazy, there are books about it.  Don't think of it as potty-training a two-month-old, because obviously he can't toddle to the potty chair or anything yet.  Think of it as training me to take him potty when he needs to go.

No, I'm not crazy (see above), and no, it's not a ton of work.  I usually knew when he was going potty in his diaper anyway, and it's either take him potty or change the diaper, so workload is mainly just shifted.  And yes, he still wears diapers.  But we go through far fewer, because once he discovered I'd take him potty, he started getting really irritated if he had to go in his diaper.  (Understandable.)  So he fusses and makes his "please take me potty" sounds when he has to go, I hold him over the potty, he goes, and everyone's happy.  Now if only I could somehow master this with Buddy.

Babies are great fun.  Diapers, not so much.

Pictures of the cute Littleman playing with the baby in the bathroom mirror forthcoming, when I can get the Husband to play photographer.

Cheers,

Breanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTj4B7buDPM&feature=related

4r3 y0u 0083r 3/\/0u6# 70 u/\/d3r574/\/d 1337 y37? 1f 50, 7h15 15 y0ur 8r07h3r, 71p 74pp3r5. 1 \/\/45 80r3d 0/\/y0u7u83 4/\/d 1 f0u/\/d 7h15.

I thought you would appreciate this. If not the video, then the audio.

This was submitted by Anne Onimus

Breanna said...

Can anyone tell me why they haven't put this on DVD yet? I would buy it in a second.