Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This is How I Clean

Another great post from Leila--if you clean anything more than once a year, you should read it.

The Husband is out of town being brilliant on an overnight business trip (note to any bad guys reading this: he is not the only one in the house who knows how to use the guns, so prey on some other blogger if you value your ankles) so we have been having a eat-up-leftovers, play-in-the-mud, take-three-hour-naps kind of a day

Miss Boo took the three hour nap, not me.

Though maybe I should have.  Instead, I read this book:




(half of it)

and found it very good and encouraging.  Of course, the author doesn't allow for concupiscience or sin nature (translation: oneryness) that we know is bound up in the hearts of children, but she also doesn't assume that if you are simply "well attached" to your children that they will always mind.  She gives umpteen strategies to pick from to get a toddler/preschooler/elementary kid to mind.

This book has helped me re-rework my schedule, emphasizing meals and naps.  Amazing how those can get caddywumpus if you're not looking.

(Why am I talking like a grizzled 1860s prospecter all of a sudden?)

And if all else fails, well, we already know how to spank if we need to.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: