Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Know I Keep Telling You To Read Leila, but....

... you really need to.  Ergo:

I was cute and not oppressive to others, don't worry. But sometimes I was less showered than other times, in a way that made me just not feel...cheerful.


And I sort of had a vague 70s hippie idea that you shouldn't be vain -- that it was a bourgeois vanity to indulge in new towels, blow dryers, and sundry items necessary for efficient grooming.


You kind of had to be there.
 
It's just such a relief to know that it has happened to others before me, who did not die or sink into needing what Lisa Simpson in a nightmare called "Mama's pryin' board".  (I.e., "Hey, kids.  Be quiet.  Mama's watchin' her stories."  A moment goes by.  "Hey, chicken-pop.  Get Mama's pryin' board.  I'm gonna go to the liberry and rent us some movies.")
 
And Amen to the idea that new towels can be a useful investment in domestic happiness.
 
I should talk, right now; I'm recovering from a baaaad cold (I think it was actually an influenza) and a fever, and the house looks like a battalion of French soldiers has been bivoacking in the living room and kitchen, and my beds aren't even made, but still.  There is hope!
 
Cheers,
 
Breanna

No comments: