...there are some organic products I like better than their counterparts, but not because they are organic, because of other features. I mentioned the Good Earth Organic teething biscuts. I also like:
1) Dr. Bronner's soap (though it's too expensive to buy most of the time) - it smells nice.
2) Hebrew National Hot Dogs - not organic, actually, but all premium beef from the front of the cow and kosher. They. Just. Taste. So. Good. But they are also too expensive to buy most of the time, unless Costco has them.
3) TruRoots Quinoa - organic, but that's accidental. If Costco carried conventional quinoa--if ANYBODY carried conventional quinoa--I would take it.
4) Traditional Medicinals Organic herb teas - like the ginger one I drink to settle my stomach when I'm pregnant, or the nettle one I drink for the iron, or the "Nighty-Night" tea I drink as a mild sedative so I don't shoot the children and the dog... again, if anybody made conventional herb teas with the herbs I wanted, I would buy them, but as it is Traditional Medicinals (and a weirder company called Yogi Tea) are the sources I have. I could buy the herbs in bulk from the Foofie Hippy Health Food Store here in town, but they are all organic.
5) Sometimes my canned tomatoes are organic because that's what Costco carries that week. Ditto our frozen green beans.
Just to be transparent and all. I don't avoid organics. I just don't seek 'em out, either.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment