Monday, January 30, 2012

Why so Silent?

1.  Because I have a two-year-old AND a four-year-old, and they both hit their naughty fits at the same time that the Littlest Sasquatch decided he should try to assert his not-quite-one-year-old will.  So we've been dealing with that.

2. And the Husband has been in the clutches of the Cement Fiend.  It's a dusty and short-lived creature but it makes him work 14-hour days sometimes.  Like today.  And last week.  And all weekend.  Wears on a girl.

3. And also I have a hard time writing as well as I ought to when I'm stressed or very tired.  I can write in these circumstances, but when I go back later and read it I realize that I might as well have just given a monkey some vodka and a touch-type phone with aggressive auto-correct and told him to compose the blog post/novel chapter.

4. What little writing energy I have I've been pouring into said novel.

So I'm sorry.  And I do have biggish things in the offing, perhaps, maybe, but nothing I can talk about.  If you're the people that need to know, you already know.  If you're not, sorry, I have to be discreet.

In the meantime, my strategy is simple: do all the laundry every day (really, I'll write a post about it someday, it's much less psychotic than you think), wear out the kids's little brains to keep them out of naughty, run their little butts off for the same purpose, and generally open up a can of fantastic housewifery.

Because if I don't work hard and do well at something and have tangible proof for my efforts, I'll resemble said vodka-swilling monkey.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: