So we had a doctor's appointment today, which for some reason always just wipes out our whole day. Although today we had better reason than usual.
Here you see us returned, playing with Buddy's cars which are (of course) stored in the trunk of the trike. Because, of course, that's where they go.
Worried about a cartoon.
Doing ALL the word puzzles at once.
For some reason we must always refer to these puzzles as "cakes".
I don't know why, except maybe that sometimes you write words like "Happy Birthday" on a cake?
(Wool socks today, it being the only day so far where we dropped below freezing. Weird, huh?)
"See this cake I made for you mama? It's a bus cake." Because you know me and buses! We love each other, me and buses!
"What?"
"I don't want to have my picture taken. I'm doing cars."
See?
"Not looking at Mama..."
Unfair: I whistled to make him look at me. Looks a lot like Baba's side of the family in this shot, does he not?
I post the happy kid pics first so you all will know that we're already recovered from Miss Boo's harrowing experience earlier today, where she bravely got five (5!) shots during her four-year-old checkup. Nobody, to my mind, should have to get more shots than they are old. (AND one of those nose-sniff flu vaccine things.)She was so brave. She couldn't help but cry, though, and so when she was done she said, "I wasn't very brave," and Mama and the nurse said simultaneously "YES YOU WERE!" because she didn't kick, struggle, or try to get away.
Stupid shots.
(Note: I'm not a vaccine resister. I don't believe they are in any way connected with autism, I think it's a fabulous gift that we live in a time with vaccines so I don't have to anticipate losing a kid to measles, diphtheria, or scarlet fever, I'm glad my kids don't have to get chicken pox (or smallpox, or polio), and I think that people who don't vaccinate their kids but use the religious exemption, when they're not doing it for religious reasons, are dishonest. We even do flu shots every year, so as to protect any preemies and elderly we come into contact with. I just wish you could get vaccines without shots.)
Needless to say there were lollipops all around (except for Littleman, much to his chagrin, since he wants everything his siblings have). Also needless to say when she asked for a milkshake, I heartily granted Miss Boo's request. And threw in chicken nuggets and fries too. Heck, I'd have bought her a convertible if she asked for it.
And now we're just dosing with baby ibuprofen and crossing our fingers that with the five (5!) ridiculous shots that the fever won't be too bad.
After all this, it's strange that Mama is the one who's knackered, isn't it?
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment