Our first Christmas in Texas has been a roaring success. It was the first year the kids picked presents for their parents.
They got Daddy a booklight. And helpfully fell asleep on him while he was opening it.
General mayhem pervaded while we opened presents (the kids got me a scarf).
The day before we made enough Christmas cookies to supply Norway.
And decorated them. Thoroughly.
By hand.
By both hands.
It was great fun, but Buddy isn't always thrilled to have stuff stuck on his hands, and he gave up before his sister did.
Here he shows you the different colors of sugar we used.
Here you see Miss Boo carefully making a giant pile of all the colors and smearing cookies through it.
Here you see the naked cookies, including the ones that the dog eventually got.
Hardworking Grandma pulling cookies out of the oven. (We made three varieties.)
More hefty decorating.
Meanwhile, the grownups ate the cookies and played Pathfinder.
We also covered this table with turkey and the trimmings, but we did move the books and things first.
Our beautiful tree...
An actual bough of holly... (and a self-satisfied camel...)
A baby and his Opa...
They look like each other more than you'd think.
A baby who discovered that he knows how to say "cheese". (Comes out more like "NEEE".)
Every time I pulled the camera out: "NEEEE."
And the wrinkled nose. "NEEEE!"
"NEEEEE."
"NEEEE."
I couldn't get a normal picture. He even started saying "NEEE" to the cam lighting in the ceiling because he thought they were camera flashes, I guess.
No, he wasn't saying NEE, but he does make faces nowadays when I pull out the camera. I don't know why.
NEE!
The last touches on the decorating.
Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed, merry Christmas!
Love you,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment