Well, this is the week we find out whether the Husband's employer (otherwise a lovely company) will be asking us if we would like to move 1700 miles. Probably. You all can be praying for us; perhaps understandably I have little else on my mind, except when Littleman decides to slug me in the spleen.
He is 32 weeks along this week, and seems much bigger than his brother or his sister were (although he measures right on track and I haven't gained as much weight as I did with his brother). I am starting to get to that point where I think illogical thoughts like, "if I don't clean out that pantry it won't get done before the baby's born, and what if someone wants to make tamales while I'm at the hospital?"
Yes, I know it's extremely unlikely that 1) the grandmas watching the older two will get the sudden urge to make tamales and 2) that they would be offended by having to look behind the packets of cocoa to find the corn husks, but logic makes no dent in the way my brain decides to remind me about the corn husks between 17-19 times per day. It's just easier to clean the pantry, in some ways. I have a big enough belly that I can't tie my own shoes, so...
You may wonder what the title of this post has to do with anything so far. Well, I have to do something to keep sane while Miss Boo and Buddy run around throwing magnetic letters at each other and trying to sit two little bottoms on one potty chair. I like to knit, and have discovered that somehow a circular knitting needle doesn't inspire the same tendency to dueling in the children as straight needles do. Therefore, I've been working on tons of circular knitting projects. I include no pictures since they are Christmas presents. Knitting lends itself to relaxation and also time for lots of prayers that go something like "purl two...and please, if You want us to move, You're going to have to make the plane trip work out...purl four...because I don't know how I'm going to keep a newborn, a two-year-old, and a three-year-old happy for a couple of two-hour-flights...slip, knit, pass slipped stitch over...and I might slug the first person who looks at me cockeyed for having a passel of kids, and then they would ground the plane...knit two together, purl...and I wonder if diaper wipes count toward the four-ounce-liquid thing?"
Looking back this is a pretty boring post, but I felt I owed you an update, just so you all could participate in my antsy-ness and pray for us. We're asking the Lord to show us, in a large, clear way what He wants us to do. Pray that we hear Him clearly, and then have the guts to do it either way?
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment