Actually some of these are from last week, which just goes to prove that I really did have good intentions about getting the baby pictures up.
That was my lunchbox back when I was working (for a paycheck--I'm pretty sure I still work, my hours are just not taxable). Now it holds crayons, pencils, and occasionally a leaf-shaped soap that Miss Boo has adopted, and carries around tenderly. But we don't get it wet.
The problem is that she is drawing some huge project, and Buddy thinks he ought to help. Only of course, he doesn't do it in the way she wants him to, and her eldest-child/older-sister/passionate-personality comes out, and it's very, very, very difficult not to shove the picture-wrecking brother off the chair onto his little bald pate.
So this was deemed a safer activity today: cookies and cartoons, considering we've had a cranky morning (Mama had to go to the midwife, and the strain of behaving for so long in the waiting room broke after lunch in a wild fit of fussiness.)
Chocolate chip/Heath bits cookies. Very nice invention, if I do say so myself; however, just for your information the Heath bits melt, and make a kind of toffee layer in the middle of the cookie. They don't stay in bits.
Yes, that's the potty chair he's sitting on, fully-clothed. It's where the cool people sit these days. Sigh.
Another view of her "writing". It quickly becomes a picture, but she likes to write some first. Not sure what the difference is yet, but notice the good pencil holding! We've been working on not holding it like a dagger in our fist.
The cloth diapering has been going amazingly well. I ordered 3 Bumgenius 3.0 (for the curious) from Cotton Babies, for overnight dipes (we have been using disposables), and I take back everything I ever said about not needing the more expensive cloth diapers. Well, not everything--you don't NEED them, I got by just fine with Miss Boo using prefolds and Dappi pants--but wow, these diapers are slick. They look like NASA engineered them, and they're about as simple to use as a disposable. We'll be using them, with the hemp inserts, tonight, and I will report on whether they work well.
During the day Miss Boo has been wearing cloth training panties (at home) and Pullups (if we are in a store and can't leave a puddle) but I am hoping to get rid of the Pullups, because they give her a horrible rash. Buddy's been wearing Econobum diapers, which I love, love, love--they are $50 for a startup kit that should take you from newborn through toddler stage. Using it now at the toddler stage, I can report that it works well. When Littleman is born, I'll tell you how they fit for a newborn.
An unforseen bonus is that since switching to cloth Buddy's eczema has cleared up. He frequently gets, or used to, a little bumpy pinprick rash on his chest, besides lots of diaper rashes. He hasn't had a single rash since we've been in cloth. I'm a dumb mama not to have thought of it before, but at least I know enough to keep doing what works.
As far as laundry goes I've been washing every morning, looking at it as a simple chore like doing the dishes. And honestly, with the nice washing machine I have, I really have nothing to complain about. (The thing has a "sanitary" cycle and boils the water, for pete's sake.)
You'll forgive me for going on about diapers. I am just still thrilled over the cute little things... and they are seconds with cosmetic flaws--they were half price. Supposedly the labels were sewn on crooked or something, but I can detect no cosmetic flaws.
Hie you to Cotton Babies, then, if you have kiddos in diapers, and just think about it--for less than the cost of one month of disposables, you can never buy diapers again. Hurrah!
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment