Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Most Important Part!

I can't believe I didn't post this yesterday, but it does make an appropriate Sunday post so perhaps it was meant to be.

I meant to mention that the most important thing I did about potty training was pray about it.

Seriously, I prayed about potty training, specifically that the Lord would help the kids (and me) to get it soon, as in, before Littleman arrives.  I did the same thing about their sleeping habits.

I could emphasize that it worked--they are getting potty training and they are sleeping better than they have for months, in their own beds--but the bigger lesson, I think, is that God doesn't expect us to do anything on our own.

Most of the time I have this idea in the back of my head that God expects me to handle stuff of a certain magnitude by myself--like He'll help me with the biggies like cancer or who I should marry but not with a difficult left turn at a dangerous intersection or a day when I can't get my housework done.  That's backward--we learn that He'll help us with the biggies by trusting Him with everything else.

So--pray first!

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: