Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blogging Whilst I Have Power

In two hours this morning the temperature fell by 10 degrees (still dropping) and the skies dumped two inches of snow, amid a wind that would have pushed over a musk ox.

Well, maybe not a musk ox--I think they stand in circles to keep the babies warm when it gets windy--but it would have knocked over a regular ox.  In other words, we have our first snow of the season, and it is a blizzard.

'Round these wild and wooly parts a blizzard means we might (probably) lose power, so if I drop off the face of the internet you'll know why.

The wind has calmed outside somewhat, at least enough that I can see across the street again, and we are cozy-warm inside.   I have a fire going in the woodstove, the oil lamp down off the high shelf and ready to light, and diapers washing in a hurry-up way because I realized that while I can dry them on a rack in front of the stove, I really, really don't want to try hand-washing them if we are without power for more than a day.

I am so thankful for the Lord's provision.  We have dry wood inside (my thoughtful Husband saw to that), plenty of food in the pantry that can be cooked in the dutch oven on top of the woodstove, lots of wool socks in the drawers, and down comforters on the beds.  We have books and non-electric amusements galore.  We have each other.  We have steady cars that will get the Husband back and forth to work safely.  I have two cheerful kids who think looking out at the snow (alternately with potty calls) is great fun, and I have an excuse to sit and knit diaper covers for Littleman.

Miss Boo has been playing with a toy camera that says, as you click the shutter, "You look as pretty as a princess".  She told it, "Of course I'm a princess."  That, you see, is what her daddy calls her.

Looking around at all God has given me, I know just how she feels.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: