Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I thought about doing a "why I'm writing a blog" post but everything came out sounding too high-flown. So I'll content myself with explaining the name of the blog.

Other than the facts that all the really cool blog names are already taken, and that I couldn't come up with anything funny, I really do have the mind of a cantankerous seventy-year-old hidden in my twenty-four-year-old body. It's not just something my sister has been teasing me with since we were in single digits, it's an unfortunate fact. (Fortunately, I married a man who has the mind of a cantankerous eighty-year-old in a twenty-five-year-old body, so I seem lighthearted and impuslive by contrast.) So, "Young Oldie" was the shortest way of saying, "I'm young but I like to do a lot of really lame, old-fashioned things like cook from scratch and knit and I watch a lot of movies starring people who've been dead for twenty years".

So, some rules of the game:

I'm not going to post my husband or children's names, or my last name, because frankly there are creepy people out there who might not believe me when I say I competent with firearms and even my husband's swords (I am). If you know us, you'll know who I mean when I say "my husband" and "Miss Boo" (my daughter). If you don't know us, well, tough luck.

I'm not necessarily going to post my opinion about everything under the sun. Everyone in bloggerworld--and everywhere else, it seems-- has been talking about the financial crisis, the election, and a number of other things that I have opinions on. However, I'm not going to talk about my opinions in this post, mostly because they would just be more static and we're all sick of anything related to elections or bank failures.

I'm going to delete your comment if I find you creepy or offensive. If you don't like what I post, just don't read the blog. I won't mind. Anyway I don't expect to get more than about ten readers, which will fall off to four when only the grandparents start following posts.

Sound good? Sounds good to me too. Now I'm going to go write a "real" post so that the blog will have more than one entry.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: