Monday, November 17, 2008

Let Sleeping Babies Lie

Shh! The baby is still sleeping, at the late hour of 6:40 AM. So I'm getting to compose this in the relative peace of early morning, with only the tick of the woodstove and the whining of the dog to keep me company. (The dog smells leftover bacon in the kitchen and thinks he needs it, since he has done such a good job...um, holding the floor down all night.) The baby's nose was whistling in her sleep this morning, which made me think about staying in the room where she's sleeping to hover, but then the whistling stopped and I decided to take my luck where I can find it and get something done this morning. Wahoo!

The Husband's football team won last night:


As you can see, they are Miss Boo's team too, by default. (She's actually stopped using the binky now but this picture is almost a month old.) The man is shameless, doesn't mind shaping this impressionable mind to be a Steelers fan. Of course, the Steelers are doing better this year than MY team, which *ahem* shall remain nameless until Mike Shanahan begins taking his medication again.

Actual news at our house has been pretty slim. The Husband and I have started singing/playing on our worship team at church. They needed a guitar and soprano last week, and Miss Boo doesn't go to the nursery, so she sat on my hip in her sling and smiled patronizingly to the congregation yesterday during the song service. That and she took my earring off right during the song for which I was the designated soprano, but considering all the things that can happen with babies and sound equipment, it went well. (She was convinced the microphone was hers, because the cover was green, and well, all green things are hers.)

The half of the tree that wasn't killed in the windstorm actually seems to be doing well. If you can tell how well a deciduous tree is doing in November, that is... I can't. At least it didn't fall down.

The big project for Miss Boo and I today is to Talk To Customer Service At Costco. (I know, the excitement, it might be too much.) But the fun part is, I get to ask them, "my husband won a contest at his workplace, and they write the check directly to the merchant, so if we brought in a $900 check, could we get that switched to store credit?" Yipee-ki-yay!

The contest was "Safety Bingo." What can I say. My husband works in a cement plant and they have to do what they can to make MSHA regulations and industrial safety fun. Money always works!

Miss Boo is up now, and throwing her books on the floor, but eyeing the stack of DVDs, so I should stop writing for now.

Ciao bella,

Breanna

No comments: