Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Things I'll Be Praying For in 2013

There's nothing revolutionary on this list, but maybe it will inspire you to make your own.  And it will help me keep accountable.  Here it is, not in any kind of order:

1. I'm praying that the wars end and the troops come home.

2. I'm praying for the health of several family members to improve.

3. I'm praying that several people dear to me meet the Savior and recognize Him for who He is.

4. I'm praying the prayers we're commanded in Scripture, as many of them as I can find--i.e., I'm praying for my leaders, for peace in Jerusalem, for the Lord to send workers to the harvest, for my enemies, and so on.  (Can you think of any others?  Let me know if so.)

5. I'm praying for my children, that they will love the Lord and for several specific goals.  I'm also going to try to use this resource from Inspired to Action, which gives Scriptural prayers for each day of the month.

6. Likewise, I'm praying for the Husband--with another helpful resource and with prayers out of my own head.

7. And, since my daily Bible reading takes me through at least a Psalm a day, I'm going to pray through the psalter.  You should try it sometime--it's kind of amazing.

That's enough, I think, when you add in the prayers that arise spontaneously and the others that I pray as regularly as I can.  What's on your list this year?

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: