I'm not sure why this suddenly works. I deleted some old, non-child pictures in my Picasa albums, but... meh. Anyway, it's working and that's all we care about, right?
This is a happy black widow spider that Miss Boo drew. Why we had the urge to draw black widows--smiling black widows--I don't know, but I thought this was a pretty good representation of a spider. Note it only has a couple extra legs. (This was before she was clear on arachnids having eight legs, although she knows very well that insects have six.)
This is Bud putting a wary toe on the hearth of our new stove. It's a beauty, isn't it? This was the day it was installed. It's been burning every single day since.
This was Christmas time, obviously, with a fire in the stove, the tree, up, the Nativity set on the top of the TV hutch, and the children cheering hard for Diego to make it to the captive whales.
This is the mother's ring that the Husband gave me for Christmas. Each stone is the birthstone of one of the kids, in order. So Miss Boo likes to come up to me, fiddle with my ring, and say, "I'm golden, Bud is silver, and Sasquatch is purple!" (Of course she doesn't call him Sasquatch--just blog rules, you know.)
This is my knee--since I was holding Sasquatch at the time and couldn't get up--and Miss Boo teaching her brother to read. They were chanting the alphabet here, and she was showing him how to sound out a word.
This is Sasquatch, eating a PBJ sandwich and strawberries! Not so little anymore--*sniff*! He turns two in February, which I'm pretty sure is only possible because someone put me in a time machine while I was sleeping.
We will probably be getting some official-type pictures taken in March, so here's hoping I have something to send the patient grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunts. I realize other mothers do these things, I just forget I'm supposed to.
Cheers,
Breanna






No comments:
Post a Comment