So I'll give you three guesses what we've been doing since about 1AM (the Husband's shift) and still at 4AM (I took over).
Hint: it wasn't sleeping.
Or polo. We weren't playing polo either. But that was mostly because we didn't have horses.
I discovered recently that there is such a thing as "the fearful fours", which comes from the same lovers of alliteration as "the terrible twos" and "the terrific threes".
(She's blurry because she's FAST.)
Miss Boo is hitting all her four-year-old stuff in that article except the profanity, and that's probably because the only "bad" words she knows are "butt"and "toot"- she says those as much as she can and makes fart noises in defiance occasionally.
(Yes. I've had to actually say "do not make fart noises at Mommy in defiance". Yes, she knows what defiance means.)
We're totally experiencing the fear of the dark and random, farfetched danger thing.
(Her: "What if someone came to our house and STOLE ALL THE WALLS?!?" Me: "Why would they do that?" Her:"Because they want all our walls!" Me: "Daddy would make them go away because they are not allowed to steal. And Pat would bark at them and scare them." Her: "Oh.")
I note that scientists say kids "may become more moody" when they lack sleep. It's that sort of thing (like the headline in my local paper:"Experts warn: do not drive through flooded areas") that make you want to kick science in the knees.
("Experts warn: do not lick the element in the toaster.")
The Littlest Sasquatch apparently just likes being in on the action. He's almost always thrilled to be alive and awake, no matter the time. When he's not thrilled, he is NOT THRILLED, but I'd say that only occurs about 5% of the time. (Vs. Miss Boo at his age--she was NOT THRILLED about 80% of the time. Still that way when she wakes up in the night, oddly enough.)
Miss Boo's vocabulary might be keeping her up at night. The other day she told me she was going to "color properly in the lines" and also, when she dropped her markers because I made a loud sound, "Mama! You made me drop my markers! I am very unhappy! You are making me so unhappy right now! I don't LIKE to be unhappy!" And in a separate incident: "Mama! I am so disappointed I don't have crayons!"
No, we don't lecture her to color properly or tell her that we're unhappy or disappointed. Nor, however, do I remember to simplify my own vocabulary much. I caught myself the other day explaining that "smart"meant "intelligent", like that's going to help. Sigh. You reap what you sow, I guess.
Today is a day for napping, schoolwork (calms their brains), napping, maybe some outside play, napping, no more cupcakes, and napping.
Here's hoping.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment