Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Busy Week

You wonder why we haven't been posting here lately?  I'll tell you.

Well, apart from books coming out and the attendant "networking" one must do.  The print version is available, by the way.

It feels weird to see stuff I wrote in an actual book.

But the real reason we haven't been blogging is that we haven't been napping.  At all.  For a week.

So maybe you can help us out.  Maybe you all could pray that we can start napping again?

Because I think naps would help us all to desist from things like scribbling with crayons on the coffee table, picking up our baby brother, barking "because that's what doggies do" while Mama is on the phone, and playing piano when the baby is napping.  (The baby naps.  I can still trick him into falling asleep by feeding him.  The other two are wily.)

We get hyper when we're tired.  Thus the blurry pictures.  She's yelling "take my picture! take my picture! I wanna see! take my picture!" in this shot.

Meanwhile we have started eating rice cereal with our 2 big teeth. We're not sure at all what we think of it.  It makes him gassy and then Mama has to stay awake at night patting him until he remembers he can burp or until the impacted toot works itself out.  You know, in between the times that Mama has to get up to change kids who are sleeping so hard (because of not napping) that they need to be changed in the night.  Which makes them sleep fitfully for the rest of the night, and wake up early.  Upon which they need Mama to wake up early.  And then they get hyper, because of being tired, because of being up early.  So they don't nap.

"I'm a superhero!  Super R!"  (Her current fave is a guy named Super Why who uses the power of reading to save storybook characters, only she thinks he's named Super Y.  Thus, she is Super R.)

"I wanna taste the camera.  GIMME!"
He is in gimme mode about everything these days--Mama's hair, Mama's shirt, the Legos, the books, the silverware...

So, in conclusion: we have been tired and hyper at the same time, and we would like to stop it.  We are soliciting your help before the throne of grace.  Pray that the kids would nap, or if they don't, that I would be able to control my nerves and my temper to be Gentle, Kind Mom, instead of Ranting Crazy Mom.  Nobody likes Ranting Crazy Mom, and she doesn't cook well either.

Cheers,

Breanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought Ranting Crazy Mom has been visiting MY house this past week...

We are napping but Omri has decided only dumb kids sleep at night. They miss everything, you see.

Kindra