So I was going to hold off until I could post a "baby's here" kinda post.
Well, he isn't... it's a bit like he's driving from far away and has hit snowy weather, and will be getting here later than expecting. In other words, I'm typing this in what my midwife says is labor. The last labor lasted 36 hours, of which we though 12 or so were wasted at the hospital. So, after going to the hospital last night to be checked, and finding we'd progressed only a smidge since 9 yesterday morning, we concluded we'd rather sleep in our own bed. Thus, I am writing a blog post and not sitting on the edge of a hospital bed, listening to other people's babies.
I figured after the last post you all deserved an update. :)
For what it's worth, In My Opinion labor indeed began on Monday, in the hiccupy, stop-and-start way my labors tend to begin.
Also for what it's worth, just because the midwife thinks I'm "in labor" doesn't mean the kid will be born today, or tomorrow... sigh. I really wish it did.
But God will have him be born at exactly the right time. We are leaning on the Everlasting Arms, and resting in His sovereignty. If I thought the universe ran on magic--that I could manipulate God's timing by my actions--I'd be worried, and also I'd be very busy. As it is, I can (if I remember to resist the temptation to be impatient) just relax, knowing that He's the only one in control anyway.
He did say to ask, though, so ya'll will keep praying that Littleman shows up sooner rather than later, right? Right. Three days of low-level contractions are enough for any woman... even spoofy movies weren't really helping last night...and stop calling me Shirley.
Cheers,
Breanna
Well, he isn't... it's a bit like he's driving from far away and has hit snowy weather, and will be getting here later than expecting. In other words, I'm typing this in what my midwife says is labor. The last labor lasted 36 hours, of which we though 12 or so were wasted at the hospital. So, after going to the hospital last night to be checked, and finding we'd progressed only a smidge since 9 yesterday morning, we concluded we'd rather sleep in our own bed. Thus, I am writing a blog post and not sitting on the edge of a hospital bed, listening to other people's babies.
I figured after the last post you all deserved an update. :)
For what it's worth, In My Opinion labor indeed began on Monday, in the hiccupy, stop-and-start way my labors tend to begin.
Also for what it's worth, just because the midwife thinks I'm "in labor" doesn't mean the kid will be born today, or tomorrow... sigh. I really wish it did.
But God will have him be born at exactly the right time. We are leaning on the Everlasting Arms, and resting in His sovereignty. If I thought the universe ran on magic--that I could manipulate God's timing by my actions--I'd be worried, and also I'd be very busy. As it is, I can (if I remember to resist the temptation to be impatient) just relax, knowing that He's the only one in control anyway.
He did say to ask, though, so ya'll will keep praying that Littleman shows up sooner rather than later, right? Right. Three days of low-level contractions are enough for any woman... even spoofy movies weren't really helping last night...and stop calling me Shirley.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment