Monday, February 22, 2010

The Sickies

...Yeah.  So there aren't pictures on this post, but there are pictures in my camera; I just am taking my extra moments between wiping noses and saying "SHARE the number zero!" (it's made of this foam stuff that floats in the bathtub) to do things like shower or pay the bill for the tags on my car.  We've been having an interesting week.

Somehow during naptimes I managed to put in enough writing on my novel that I'm now at 20,600 words.  (That sounds like a lot, but in the end it'll probably be much closer to 100,000 and need to be trimmed.  Someday, someday, maybe I'll get paid for the thing.

It's amazing how much work there is to do in a house when you've been gone for 2 weeks, even though there's been no people or dogs there to mess it up.  Dusting, vacuuming, airing, laundry, mopping, scrubbing all have to be done and more so.  I don't know why this always surprises me, but it always does.

Today we're slowly recovering from our head colds, getting the house back online after a week of trying, settling in with a new batch of library books (incidentally the library has become the ultimate bribe for Miss Boo-- "Come on, let's pick up our toys and then we can go to the library!"), and discovering that there are ways to teach preschoolers math and "science experiments".  Preschool science is very messy.

Also, a tiny coffee can of beans is the best toy ever.

Now, off to make a chart of bedtime rules for Miss Boo, since we are into charts and stickers lately and since Mama and Daddy are getting desperate to break the "I want to watch Magic Schoolbus!" cycle that occurs every single night.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: