Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Ketones...and a Resolution

Tonight is another night where I wake up--either to an alarm, or my own spidey senses (diabetic moms get those) or, this time, to Bud, who didn't feel good.  And sure enough!  Ketones!

I've decided recently to try to reframe this, although getting up and then staying up for hours until the ketones get cleared is about as pleasant, physically, as you'd think it would be.  I'm working on telling myself "I love that we keep insulin in the house for ketone nights"--because the typical style of reframing, "I love getting up for ketones" is lying really egregiously--and finding something to do other than scroll through my phone.

After a two year hiatus, guess what that is?  Hi blog!

Those of you who know us in real life know how our life has changed, since the last blog post.  (I feel like the last several blog posts have been like this, but bear with me.)  We moved to Idaho, Bud got an insulin pump, Sasquatch is starting to read.

But I've been feeling, again, like I need to have a way to record the hilarious and amazing things that happen, day-to-day.

For instance, right now the kids play a game called "Spider".  The game goes like this: somebody hides, usually in a fairly obvious fashion, and then jumps out at another person and yells "RAAAAAAAAR!"  The goal is to make the other person shriek.  The one yelling "RAAAAAAAAR" is the spider, see, and the shrieking person is the insect.

The other day I was trying to get everybody in the car to go grocery shopping, and Sasquatch was having a day where putting his own socks on was too trying, so he and I were the last ones into the car.  As soon as we opened the door, Eldest and Bud yelled "RAAAAAAR!"  I shrieked, everyone was happy.  As we drove off, Eldest observed: "The car is better for playing Spider than the house."
Me: "Oh?  Why is that?"
Her: "Because it's smaller.  Everyone wants to be the spider in the house, but nobody wants to be the insect."

That's some actual philosophy, right there.

In other cute news, the kids are addicted to Dire Straits songs, thanks to a CD Baba gave us, and whenever I play them in the car demand to have the windows rolled down so we can be cool at the neighborhood.

Here's hoping I can write a blog entry every few days, for a while, even without the ketones.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: