Thursday, December 19, 2013

When Grammy Tells You To Write a Blog Post...

...you go write a blog post.  I'm going to give you a lot of cell phone pictures, so if they're blurry, don't hate me.

What have we been doing?  Lots of things, besides getting injections.  It doesn't seem like diabetes will ever fade into the background of life when you get diagnosed, but it does--really.
I mean, there are doctor appointments, of course. (Documented by his younger brother.  This was Sasquatch taking that picture, with my phone, which he lifted from my purse illegally.)

...but there's also standing-in-front-of-a-stagecoach.  Which is always fun.

Sunshine and sundresses...

MOAR doctor visits (this one at the endocrinologist, they have a waiting room that is Teh Kewelest)...

And getting-to-eat-in-a-restaurant-because-of-getting-home-from-Salt-Lake-late.  That's the most popular part of endocrinologist visits to date.

They saw some big trucks this year--this one is 1/3 of the size of the ACTUAL big trucks that run out at Daddy's mine site--and had a lot of fun doing that.

They got to sit inside one and Bud managed to turn the engine on, although he couldn't reach the pedals, thank goodness.

We got a dog, did I mention that?  A second dog?  He's still no bigger than the play John Deere, but he's discovered he's responsible for telling me whenever chickens get out, or whenever he thinks the middle schoolers might be plotting world domination by walking to the bus stop.  We're working on it.

Popsicle.  Not blood.  Popsicle.

Moar stagecoach.  (We bought a membership to the museum, it was totally worth it.)

I killed my second scorpion after stepping on it and finding out we luckily don't have the poisonous kind here.  Just the tiny, terrifying kind.  It's called an Arizona Hairy Scorpion.  Really.

We got very tired.  A lot.

We sat in a fire truck.

We were devastatingly handsome.

We were cowboys,

tough hombres,

settlers,

and Native Americans in wigwams.

I grew a garden...

we lost teeth...

we brewed beer...

I got an antique sewing machine named Babe...

and we were devastatingly handsome.  (This is his "beetle shirt".)

Winter set in and the stove has kept us toasty.

(And handsome.)

We had more doctor visits, this time with our hA1c and our growth more on track.  There was free books and stickers involved, it was awesome.

We dressed up for Halloween...

...as an orc...

....a dragon...

...another dragon...

(moar dragon)

...and Galadriel.  (The Husband made me take this picture.  Pointy ears and all.  
There was a party.  Go big or go home.)

Then we fell asleep before the party.

I was instructed by the Husband to never, ever make anything from this book, but I think the tuna pimento loaf might be "nourishing".  We'll see how angry he makes me.

(Did I mention he's handsome?)

Miss Boo is reading at about a third grade level and has decided subtraction was invented by the Communists as part of a plot to dishearten the nation's youth.  We're working on it.

Paleontology, on the other hand?  That's cool stuff.  This is her report on proceretops.  She wanted the whole caption to read "a young proceretops would have had little chance against a pack of hungry velociraptors".  She wins the first grade, in my opinion.

We baked.

Snow came on the mountains.

We made "surprises" for mama.

We turned six...

And then it was Christmas.

Just like always.

(Well, so we may have been wearing a shirt as pants for part of Christmas.  But, you know, almost like always.)

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: