
Yes. Yes, I've sold out for a pouch of cherry/yogurt/sweet corn and a tube of compressed wipes.
Not really. My grocery store sends out little "Try-It" kits to its members, and you get the chance to try some neat new things for free. The kids really liked the Banana Blueberry pouch (not so thrilled about the sweet corn one).
I had some issues with the compressed wipes, though. I think they must have been thought up by someone who was doing the shipping price cost comparison and realized "hey, wait a second, we pay shipping by the pound and most of the weight in baby wipes is just water!" So these are dry wipes, compressed into little discs that remind me of giant Tums.
The problem is that the big reason for using baby wipes is to have something, well, wet on hand whenever you need it. If I had water to rehydrate the wipes with me, I wouldn't NEED wipes, I could just use the fast-food napkins I have crammed in my glove box.
So my suggestion for the compressed wipes people is to rethink their packaging. Like sell compressed wipes, but in a bigger container that people can add water to. Then you have the convenience of wet wipes, the company saves money on shipping, and can pass the savings along to the customer. Right?
As for us, we are just doing fun summer things--like potty training. (Fun for them. Not so much for me. Sasquatch has figured out he can pee with purpose, and has taken to standing on high things seeing how much of an arc he can get.) Our chickens and bunnies are prospering, and Bud's diabetes is mostly under control.
My garden is kind of a bust this year, though we put in a hurried second planting of quick-growing things. The zucchini (of course), pumpkin, winter squash, tomatoes, jalepenos, peas, onions, and beans are all doing great. But the corn, lettuce, kale, swiss chard, and carrots didn't even come up. I am depressed about that. I think our issue was water, though, and the slope that we had to plant on; the Husband and I constructed some emergency water-conservation ditches and they seem to be helping. I'll post pictures later, when/if some of the emergency re-planted lettuce finally comes up.
How are you all doing?
Cheers,
Breanna
Not really. My grocery store sends out little "Try-It" kits to its members, and you get the chance to try some neat new things for free. The kids really liked the Banana Blueberry pouch (not so thrilled about the sweet corn one).
I had some issues with the compressed wipes, though. I think they must have been thought up by someone who was doing the shipping price cost comparison and realized "hey, wait a second, we pay shipping by the pound and most of the weight in baby wipes is just water!" So these are dry wipes, compressed into little discs that remind me of giant Tums.
The problem is that the big reason for using baby wipes is to have something, well, wet on hand whenever you need it. If I had water to rehydrate the wipes with me, I wouldn't NEED wipes, I could just use the fast-food napkins I have crammed in my glove box.
So my suggestion for the compressed wipes people is to rethink their packaging. Like sell compressed wipes, but in a bigger container that people can add water to. Then you have the convenience of wet wipes, the company saves money on shipping, and can pass the savings along to the customer. Right?
As for us, we are just doing fun summer things--like potty training. (Fun for them. Not so much for me. Sasquatch has figured out he can pee with purpose, and has taken to standing on high things seeing how much of an arc he can get.) Our chickens and bunnies are prospering, and Bud's diabetes is mostly under control.
My garden is kind of a bust this year, though we put in a hurried second planting of quick-growing things. The zucchini (of course), pumpkin, winter squash, tomatoes, jalepenos, peas, onions, and beans are all doing great. But the corn, lettuce, kale, swiss chard, and carrots didn't even come up. I am depressed about that. I think our issue was water, though, and the slope that we had to plant on; the Husband and I constructed some emergency water-conservation ditches and they seem to be helping. I'll post pictures later, when/if some of the emergency re-planted lettuce finally comes up.
How are you all doing?
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment